Category Archives: Tagged By Friends
Okay, wifey Murph tagged me in this shit via our other wifey Patty… Here it goes…
1) What is the working title of your book?
Which one? I’ve got several in the works right now… So I’ll just list them. How’s that?
- Dracones – anthology submission
- Serve Me – anthology submission
- Life is Priceless: book one: Life is Unchanging
- Sastrugi: book one: Shear Walls
- The Pirates of Lu’Wren Cove: book one: Untitled
- The Cornerstone Foundation Series: book one: Gone But Not Forgotten
- Tarragon: book one: Chanson de Goerre
- Dinosaur Island: book one: Diversity Isn’t Key
- Blizzard Lions: book one: Babylon Labyrinth
- Emotio: Willow’s Branch Book Four: Hold Me Close, Whisper to Me
- Emotio: Willow’s Branch Spin-off Two: Come Real Close, Baby Come To Me
- Emotio: Willow’s Branch Spin-off Three: I Know That We Are Worlds Apart
- Emotio: Willow’s Branch Spin-off Four: Love on Me Baby You Know How
- Emotio: Dominik’s Branch Book Two: I Dream of Love, I Dream of Peace
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
Uhh… Well Emotio was inspired by Adam Lambert. As for the rest? Various things. I can’t really say exactly what it was… Well Sastrugi came about because Patty and I went to the zoo in New Mexico. The Pirates of Lu’Wren Cove because I was emailing Piper Vaughn. Life is Priceless was a complete accident. Originally I had the titles for my Playthings and Toyless Trinkets, another vampire based series. I found the titles about a week ago and a new series was born. The rest Animus just sort of threw at me…
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Emotio is my only contemporary I have. The rest are paranormal, sci-fi, fantasy, or any combination thereof.
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Uhhhh….. I have no idea.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I take no responsibility for run-on sentences or gibberish. This mean test was sprung on me!!!!!
- Life is Unchanging: Life is unchanging, wholly boring and utterly useless, Levent sets out to find some form of entertainment; he just didn’t expect to find it in a “blood bag,” a human.
- Shear Walls: When humans come too close the polar bear shifters must act, when one turns out to be the “unpure” mate to a bear getting the others to accept the little human will be harder than climbing shear walls.
- Pirates Unnamed Book: Sailing the seas is dangerous, especially with the crew of the Lady Wren stalking her waters, one chance encounter turns the crews’ world upside down and threatens to reveal their secrets.
- Gone But Not Forgotten: Enforcer Wolves, a title equating death, all fear them and all stay away, it is believed they don’t have mates or feel the bond, but what if everyone is wrong?
- Chanson de Guerre (Warsong or Song of War): The war between dragons and dragon shifters is wearing both sides down, the two species stay apart at all costs, but fate has other ideas.
- Diversity Isn’t Key: What if time forgot about you?
- Babylon Labyrinth: Yellowstone National Park is a labyrinth of formations and trees, Lynx and his friends set out on a hiking trip, they would’ve never left if they knew none them would ever come back.
- Hold Me Close, Whisper to Me: The issue of the twins is putting strain on Barrack and Willow but so is Willow wishing to reveal himself to the world, but what would they do with the twins?
- Come Real Close, Baby Come to Me: Deception is no way to start out a relationship, even if it’s to save the one you care for.
- I Know That We Are Worlds Apart: Coming from two different worlds isn’t easy nor does it usually work out, Grant is determined to break the stereotype with or without Chol’s help.
- Love on Me Baby You Know How: Fame comes at a cost, some manage it well and others let their personal relationships fall by the wayside, what will Ozark do?
- I Dream of Love, I Dream of Peace: Dominik continues to battle with his feelings and how Nathaniel treats him, one night seals his and Luxe’s fate forever.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
All of the Emotio titles will be self-pubbed (I think), the rest I will seek a publishing house home for them.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Usually I can crank out two 50k novel-ish things in a 30 day period.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I have no idea… I do know most of my things I haven’t seen, read, or heard about in my genre but that’s not to say it isn’t out there.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
If I don’t write Animus kicks my ass, so…
10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
They’re different that what’s out there. From my understand anyway.
I think I’m supposed to tag others but I honestly can’t think of anyone else to tag… So, that’s it.
My friend and wifey Patricia Lynne decided to torture me with a blog hop about writerly confessions and I blanched. Not for the reasons you may think. You see the thing is I don’t have any writerly secrets… least not to my knowledge.
There’s no genre I secretly read under my covers for fear of being judged. I mean I write male on male sex books for Christ’s sakes so do you honestly think I won’t step up to the plate and claim a genre I read?
I got a sneak peek of the blog hop’s host, Patricia’s, post and I’m not jealous of my friends. I may get a twinge of “I wish that was me” but then it fizzles out and dies just as quickly as it started. I’m not a jealous person by nature. Instead I find myself very happy for my friend’s success and all they’ve accomplished. I take extra pride if I’ve helped in someway.
It’s no secret at all that I’m a planner to the point of being obsessed. I’ve posted about how I overcome writer’s block… I basically avoid it.
I’ve put myself out there personally on my personal blog, The Lor of Rose, so I don’t really have any secrets to admit… As Patricia so accurately put it, “Secrets are the spice of life… Or something.” I suppose if this is true then I have no spice. “That’s what you get for being so open about shit.” Yes, wifey… You are correct.
To link up with this hop see the blue frog to the right.
My lovely writing friend and internet wifey Patricia Lynne tagged me in this hop. I told her it’s not like I don’t have anything else to do but then I thought why not? The point is to talk about whatever you’re working on. Well isn’t that lovely for me?
I’ve been working on three different books since mid April. I think. Anyways, one I finished last week and another I will finish either tonight or tomorrow. After this I really should work on the edits for Without You because it’s to be published on September 15th… Yeah, I should do that huh?
Normally, I don’t procrastinate all too much when it comes to my writing but this round of editing I am being a complete brat about it. The voice in my head sounds very much like a six year old little girl who is upset because her rich grandmother wants her to stand for a photo, “But I don’t wanna!” The little girl stomps her foot in a pout, crosses her arms, and huffs. The indecency of it all!
Although I know I will edit before I finish my third WIP. Why? Well that one I’m a bit stuck. More, I have the words, I know what’s going to happen and how but I just have zero motivation to write it. Considering, technically, I’ve already “finished” it sort of messes with my head. You see the book was to sit around 57k but I did some math the other day (yes, a dyslexic can do math) and I’m already at 57k and I’ve three more chapters to write…
I generally stick to around or about 3,000 words per chapter so with this in mind I’ve another 9,000 to go before it’s finished. Not to mention the current chapter I’m working on is about 1.5k short. This whole book every chapter is over 3,000 words which makes me more than confident it will be about 70k when finished.
See? It messes with your head doesn’t it?
What am I going to work on next? Well I’m not so sure if I’m going to do three WIPs at a time again or focus on one story at a time but I very much enjoyed the challenge of more than one at a time. With this in mind two of my next WIPs are a bit of a duh thing but I have no idea what my third one should be.
I do know as of January 2013 I will begin to work on my Cornerstone Foundation series but that’s five months away. Wait, only five months away? Aw, shit….